Sunday, May 16, 2010

WHY DO PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT GOD?

When everything seems to be fine within our daily life, we seem to forget about God. When something happens to yourself or to your family, then we start to remember about God. Why are we always doing that? Are you with me so far? Every day there are 24 hours within a day. Am I correct? If we were to give 10% of our time each day (2hrs. 45 min.) to God by studying His words in the Bible or doing something for God, would you believe that God would be very pleased? I truly believe He would be and He will bless you.

I know it is very difficult to do that everyday, even for me; however, I have been writing these Internet Church Topics for God for approximately 11 months or more and I truly feel it is an Honor and Privilege for me to write for the Lord. I write whatever He wants me to write for Him. Sometimes, writing these Internet Church Topics takes me between five to nine hours or more to write one topic, this includes time praying, reading and researching in my Bible. It really takes time. Sometimes, I ask, why Lord? I would rather jump on my boat and troll outside Hilo’s Harbor and go fishing. I have a 19’ 6” Fiberglass boat with a flush deck and a brand new Mercury 115 horsepower outboard motor.

Many times, it becomes very tempting for me to drive my boat on the open sea toward the ocean breeze. With my 115-horse power motor, my boat flies on the top of the water. Ever since I bought the new motor, I have gone out only three times within the past two years. O’ well, so much about fishing, the Lord wants me to become a fisher of men, rather than going fishing regularly. One day I will jump into my boat and go fishing, I have told the Lord many times. I pray on that day He will bless me with many fish.

I have received many emails from all over the Country and World by readers of my Internet Church Topics. They say the topics have helped them have a better understanding of the Bible. The outlook of their lives has been changed for the better. Praise the Lord!!! With these positive emails messages that I have been receiving, it encourages me to continue to write to people through the Internet Church Topics with the Lord’s blessing.

Remember, when we are borne on this earth, we are to enjoy our life to the fullest and always focus our Mind, Heart and Soul to God, until such time we take our last breath on this planet and take our first breath up in Heaven. Don’t you all agree with me?

1) Always focus your Mind, Heart and Soul to God.
2) Always give your tithing to God and name your seed, so He will bless you many times more, as it is written in Mal. 3:10.
3) Always ask God for forgiveness, forgiveness is your answer to many of your problems.
4) When you pray, pray from your heart, not from the corner of your mouth.
5) Never gossip. Gossiping will set you away from God, when you are trying very hard to be close to God.
6) Always read your Bible and try to understand it.
7) Get baptized by the Holy Spirit. (NLT) Acts. 10: 45-48 The Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had poured out upon the Gentiles, too. 46 And there could be no doubt about it, for they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, 47 “Can anyone object to being baptized, now that they received the Holy Spirit just as we did?” 48 So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days.
 
The moral of this message, never forget about GOD.

At this time, I would like take this opportunity to thank Chris Eliason who spent many hours by helping me put these Topics into the Internet Church. May the Lord bless him a multitude.
 
From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment