Monday, May 24, 2010

WATER BAPTISM

This morning, May 23, 2010 (Sunday) will be a big day for my members and me. Why? Today we are going to have our water baptism, after our Sunday church service at Onekahakaha Beach Park in Hilo, Hawaii starting at 3:00 PM. Those who would like to be baptized in Jesus Mighty Name will be baptized. Praise the Lord! After the water baptism, we usually have a POTFOOD, some people called it POTLUCK, and for me I strongly don’t believe in the word “Luck”. I call it “POTFOOD” which means many foods will be there in many pots. The word POTLUCK, as I interpret, means I hope by luck there will be many foods in many of these pots for the members. Don’t you agree with me? Speaking about food, at every water baptism we have been blessed with many foods that the members of the church bring.

Water Baptism is a Sacred Ritual for Christians to partake in, if you believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. I strongly encourage people to be baptized in water by submerging into the water as our Lord has done. I believe submerging into the water is a representation of leaving your old sins and when your head comes out from the water, your sins are buried under the water. I mentioned to the members before the water baptism, in a humorous way, there are many bodies in the water. Some of them said, where? Where Pastor Jimmy? I just smiled at them and we all starters to laugh.

Some people who were previously baptized in water said they had been baptized with the Holy Spirit and still today they couldn’t pray or speak in tongues. Usually, when the Holy Spirit baptizes a person, the Holy Spirit will give the person a gift of praying or speaking in tongues. I truly believe when John the Baptist, baptized the Lord Jesus Christ, the Heavens were opened. (NLT) Matt. 3:13-17 13 Then Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John. 14 But John didn’t want to baptize him. “I am the one who needs to be baptized by you,” he said, “so why are you coming to me? 15 But Jesus said, “It must be done, because we must do everything that is right. *” So then he baptized him. 16 After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with him.”
(NLT) Acts1:4-5 In one of these meeting as he was eating a meal with them, he told them, “Do not leave Jerusalem until the Father sends you what he promised. Remember, I have told you before. 5 John baptized with* water, but in just a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” Now lets think for a minute, from what I understand, Jesus’ disciples didn’t get the baptism of the Holy Spirit when John baptized the disciples with water. Am I correct?

(NLT) Acts 2:1-4 On the day of Pentecost, seven weeks after Jesus’ resurrection, * the believers were meeting together in one place. 2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of the mighty windstorm in the skies above them, and it filled the house where they were meeting. 3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, * as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability. Amen!

In regard to our water baptism today, it was very successful and we give our Father God all credits and praises to Him. Amen!
 
May the Lord bless each and every one of you, in Jesus Mighty Name! Amen!
 
From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment