Monday, May 17, 2010

PRAYING IN TONGUES

There are many reasons why a TRUE CHRISTIAN should pray in tongues. It is very important and an honor to have this gift from the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit baptizes you, the Holy Spirit usually gives you a gift of speaking or praying in tongues. Whenever, you pray in tongues, the enemy (Satan) will not be able to understand any of the prayers that you are praying to Father God up in Heaven.

Now let’s think for a minute or so, say you are praying in English, Japanese, Chinese, German, or many other different languages, the enemy (Satan) will be able to understand all languages, except the language in tongues, because He was there at that time of the Babel Tower and many of your prayers will be blocked by Satan. Satan is a troublemaker! Do you remember, the “Tower of Babel”? Do you know the meaning of the word Babel? The word Babel in Hebrew means “Confusion.” (NLT) Gen.11: 1,7 At one time the whole world spoke a single language and used the same words. God had to change all languages. 7 Come, let’s go down and give them different languages. Then they won’t be able to understand each other. Now, at that time when God changed the languages, Satan was there to know all of these different languages. So when you make your prayer, many times, God may not hear your prayer.

Many years ago, I used King David’s prayer from Psalms 51:1-19. He asked God to forgive him, for all of his sins. In the same manner, I used Psalms 51:1-19 and I asked God to forgive me for all of my sins by having His Son Jesus’ precious blood wash all of my sins and make me whole. Remember, when God forgives you, He will look at the good side of you. Amen!

Now when God forgave me, I asked God to let the Power of the Holy Spirit baptize me, in Jesus Mighty Name. I gave the Holy Spirit full permission and full control over me. That is when I felt the warmest, from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet in and out of my body. I felt the Joy of the Lord within my heart with tears in my eyes. At first, I must admit, I was concerned about the unusual feeling within myself. However, I just kept on going and praying the word “HALLELUJAH” HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALE, HALE, HALE- LU-JAH! I said it as fast as I could, many times over and over with both of my eyes closed. After approximately 30 minutes or so, finally the language that I had not known came out of my mouth till today. Praise the Lord!!!

A woman asked me, that she would like to pray in tongues, so I prayed for her and finally she began to pray in tongues. This can be done, only with the Lord’s Blessing and with the Power of the Holy Spirit. For me, I only help, by praying for her and asking God and the Power of Holy Spirit to baptize her in Jesus Mighty Name. (NLT) Acts 2:4 and everyone present was filled with Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, * as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
 
When a person prays in tongues, he or she edifies himself or herself. Also when we pray in tongues, the Holy Spirit will be within us. (NLT) 1 Cor. 14:14 For I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don’t understand what I am saying. In other words, your inner spirit understands, that is what really counts, but you may not be able to understand. That is okay! When we pray in tongues, our Spirit is in direct connection with God, who is Spirit. We are speaking to Him by a divine, supernatural communication. There are many more reasons, why we should pray in tongues. Perhaps on the next Topic, I will explain much more deeply about praying in tongues.
 
I strongly believe many Churches could accomplish having this Gift given to their members by having them pray in tongues. (NLT) Acts 2:1-4 On the day of Pentecost, seven weeks after Jesus’ resurrection, * the believers were meeting together in one place. 2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm in the skies above them, and it filled the house where they were meeting. 3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, * as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
 
PRAYING IN TONGUES IS NO LOSS, BUT EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
Amen!
The moral of this message is to encourage every Christian to pray in tongues.
 
From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason.

No comments:

Post a Comment