Monday, May 10, 2010

GIFTS FROM GOD

Yes, we as Christians have a Gift or Gifts from God. (NLT) 1 Cor. 12:6-11 There are different ways God works in our lives, but it is the same God who does the work through all of us. 7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church.8 To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another he gives the gift of special knowledge. 9 The Spirit gives special faith to another, and to someone else he gives the power to heal the sick. 10 He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and to another, the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to know whether it is really the Spirit of God or another spirit that is speaking. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, * and another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.11 It is the one and only Holy Spirit who distributes these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have. So, you must find out what your gift or gifts are. Amen!

The gifts could be VISION, HEALING, DELIVERANCE, PREACHING, TEACHING THE YOUTHS, WORSHIPPING MINISTRIES and many more, that would be between you and God. As a true Christian, every one of us has a gift or gifts from God, so we can do things that will please Him. (NLT) John 16:24 You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. As you can see, you must ask God to use you as one of His servants, so you will be able to help people that need to be helped in Jesus Mighty Name.

For me, I always ask my Father God what He wants me to do for Him and sometimes it comes into my dream or He will show me in my mind what He wants me to do for Him. Remember, always be obedient to God and He will not lead you into anything that will be bad for you. First listen to God, Second listen to the Lord Jesus Christ and Third listen to the Holy Spirit and they will not lead you into anything bad for you or your family, but into everything good for you and your family.

God is pure, perfect and without any sins, unlike we as human beings have lots of sins; therefore, we must cleanse our mind, body and soul by praying on Psalm 51: 1-19, it is a prayer from King David, asking God to forgive him for all of his sins that he had committed and have mercy upon him. Once God forgives you, He will look at only the good side of you and forget the bad side of you. Praise the Lord! It is very important to ask God for forgiveness from your heart, not from the corner of your mouth. Are you with me so far? Amen!

If God calls upon you, then ask God what He wants you to do for Him. Perhaps, you want to have a ONE to ONE relationship with Him. For me, sometime this coming September, I would like Jesus to have a ONE to ONE relationship with me. That means closing my room door and locking it, lowering my phone ringer volume, no radio or television will be turned on, and it shall be absolutely quiet, so there will no distraction. It may take me one hour, two hours or even five hours or more. I really don’t know. This will be in God’s time, not in my time. With God there is no time involved. I have experienced many times with the Holy Spirit and believe me; it makes my body very warm from the crown of my head to the sole of my feet, in and out of my body. Praise the Lord! The Joy of the Lord comes into my heart with tears in my eyes.

NOW, LET ME MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR TO ALL OF YOU, I AM NOT PERFECT OR A SAINT PERSON, I AM NOT SOMETHING SPECIAL, BELIEVE ME, I AM NOT AT ALL, I AM THE SAME AS MANY OF YOU. However, I truly believe with all my mind, body and soul, that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God who sits next to His Father’s throne. Amen!

I know a Reverend who did it, by having relationship with the Lord and he accomplished receiving the blessing from the Lord. He had gone into fasting for many days and nights and while he was fasting, he read his Bible Scriptures without eating any food, but only drinking some water.

For me, I want more of Jesus; I want His blessing very much. Even it means pleading to Him, I will do it!

For me, attending a church is a very serious thing for me. Why? a) First, I attend Church to listen to the Golden message of the day, that may apply to me, b) Second, I attend Church to feed my soul, so God may prolong my life, c) Third, and I attend Church to have relationship with the Lord and the Power of the Holy Spirit.

When I look at any Church, I don’t look at it as an Organization or Association, but as place to have relationship with the Lord and the Power of the Holy Spirit. Now, I am not saying to be antisocial or to be stuck up, the Lord wants all of us to have good fellowship with one another. We must focus our minds only to the Lord Jesus Christ, not to the Pastor or Elder of the church, but only to the Lord. Does it make sense to you? Of course it makes sense!

Remember, the higher you are elevated in the church, the more accountability you will receive. For example, in the military, the higher the rank you hold, the more responsibility you will have. In the eyes of God, the accountability will be much greater for you and it could be very difficult to explain to God. So as you can see, it is the same scenario. If not, a wake up call may come upon you, it depends on how great the sins you had committed. On the other hand, it could be very rewarding for you. As you can see, we cannot take it very lightly and think God doesn’t know, believe me He knows it. Therefore, we must always ask for forgiveness from God. Forgiveness is the answer to most of our problems.

We must give our tithes to our church to break the curses that we have inherited. (NLT) Psalm 51:5 For I was born a sinner- yes from the moment my mother conceived me. By giving our tithes with a joyful heart, we have proven to the Lord that we are also obedient to Him. He will bless you many times, perhaps 100 fold or more. (NLT) Mal. 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my temple. If you do, “ says the Lord Almighty, “ I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! When you think about it, He owns everything anyway in our precious life, home, clothing, health, even our wealth and much more. In my interpretation about the windows of heaven as written above, I truly believe what it means is many opportunities will come your way even while you are living on this earth, just be patient. This will happen in God’s time, not in our time. Amen!

Now, let's go back to the message about responsibility. As Pastors or Ministers we cannot say, Lord it is not my fault; we must answer to Him correctly, honestly and He will judge us fairly.

If you have done something wrong, you can’t think in your mind, no one knows about it and let it slide until such time as you forget about it, hoping that no one catches you. I truly believe the Lord knows about it, because he can read your mind and heart. Why? Because He is God! He knows everything from the beginning to the end of time of this world. If you agree with me, say Amen!

I pray this message is very informative to you. Amen! (So be it)

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment