Friday, August 13, 2010

HUMBLE

The higher we are elevated by God or in the Church; we must be more humble to everyone. Humbleness is the key to success to many things within our life. As I looked into the dictionary the word “Humble”, Humble is defined as not proud or haughty, not arrogant or assertive and it is the meaning of reflecting, expressing, or offered in spirit of deference or submission. Many years ago, in my twenty’s I took a martial art called Karate; it is art of self-defense, from white belt to first-degree black belt. Today, as I recollect at that time I was a very immature person thinking I was like a superman, breaking bricks, boards and a green bamboo stick with two men holding the raw eggs at each end of the six feet in length bamboo stick, breaking the stick without cracking the raw eggs. Many years ago, I made a demonstration for the karate school, like taping a knife at the ends of the six feet in length bamboo stick and poking the blades of the knives into a sheet of newspaper on both ends and breaking the bamboo stick without tearing the newspapers at all.

Also I got into many fights, most of the time, I lost the fights, because at that time I liked to fight big people and when I lost the fight, I wasn’t too ashamed of myself. Many years ago, probably forty years ago, I met a sensei (Teacher) who was holding a rank of 7 degree in black belt in karate, as I recollect, he was the most humble man I ever met, he was a short Japanese man, probably about five feet two inches in height and his strength was very powerful with his “Ki” (Inner spirit strengths) from Japan and when he greeted me by shaking hands, he shook my hand with both of his hands covering my one hand and at the same time he bowed to me with a smile on his face, fortunately I could speak some Japanese words and had conversation with him. At that time I couldn’t understand why he was so humble, but today I understand perfectly clear. The higher you become, the lower our head should bow down. (Humble) Well so much about martial art.

One day, I still remember what my father told and taught me. Jimmy, when you look at the mango trees, the trees with many mango fruits hanging on the branches will be much valuable to us. Don’t you agree? I looked at the mango trees and said sure I can have more mango fruits to eat. He told me, NO! NO! NO! What my father meant was the more mango fruits, the lower the branches will be hanging low and it will become much more valuable. Does it make sense to you? For me, I had learned a lesson from my father, till today I kept it deep within my heart. The trees without many fruits, the branches were facing in a two o’clock position and the trees with many fruits, the branches was in 4:00 to 5:00 o’clock positions. In other word, the higher we are being elevated up with the Lord Jesus, the lower our head should bow down. Don’t you agree with me?

It becomes the same scenario with the Lord Jesus and in our church; we must be very humble to everyone when we meet people and have respect toward each other. Remember, no one is greater on this planet then the next person, except the Lord Jesus Himself. Sure some of us might be a little slow to learn the Word of God, we must be very patient and help him or her, so they can be able to learn and understand the Word of God. In spiritual, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Don’t you agree with me? I truly believe God would remember you for what you are doing for Him. His work! Mark 4:22 tell us everything will be brought to light in the eyes of God. AMEN!

The moral of this message is we must be very HUMBLE to God and everyone in this world.

I pray that this message is very informative to you.

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment