Sunday, August 15, 2010

CONFIDENTIALITY

Sometimes, I receive phone calls from people who have some family problems within their home. Being a pastor, I anticipate getting calls from people with problems. Sure enough, I have been getting calls every so often. Today, I believe I have over 2000 confidential problems or more within my head. Many of these problems were misunderstandings, jealousy, bitterness, anger and most of all PRIDE within the person or family. Sometimes, the problems may start from financial or health problems.

For me, I have become a good listener and let the person or family get it all off of their chests. Some of them cried while divulging their problems. After it had completely come out from the person or family, then I ask the person or family if it is all right for me to pray for them. Many times he or she will say yes, Please do pastor Jimmy; then I pray for that person or family in Jesus Mighty Name. Many of the problems can be solved and the family returns to normal. Just be patient and be a good listener and leave it the hands of the Lord Jesus. Amen!

I truly believe confidentiality is very important and priceless between you and that person or family. I will not divulge anything that has been discussed or said, it is between that person, family, God and myself. It is the same scenario as a Medical Doctor and his or her patients having confidential discussions. Now, if you don’t keep the confidentiality between yourself and the person or family, then how can that person or family have confidence or trust in you? Can you visualize what I am saying? Anyway, while listening to their problems, silently I am praying to the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit to grant me the wisdom and knowledge so I can guide them the right path with the right words. Remember, when the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit guide you, it will always be fine in the end.

We as Ministers or pastors must not repeat what have been said in the discussions, we must keep confidential what was discussed between the person and us. Don’t you agree with me? It is the code of ethics; we should honor and cherish it very deeply within our self. Does it make sense to you? Of course it makes sense! Sometimes, I would like to be like an Internet computer and delete all of the cookies. It would be a great relief for me. However, I know it cannot be done; I must take all of these confidential problems or discussion to my grave.

If you must explain the problems about the person to someone, don’t mention any names at all. Keep it strictly confidential! Sometimes, the story may get so blown up, like I had mentioned in one of my Internet Church Topics about fishing in Hilo’s Bay. (Hilo, Hawaii) For example, this past Saturday (8/7/10) my son, grandson and myself had gone fishing in Hilo’s Bay and we caught some papios (Local good eating fish). This type of fish, when it gets larger, it called Ulua, it can weight over 100 pound or more, that’s a lot of eating to do. We also caught some other types of fish too by trolling with my boat in the bay for several hours.

This coming weekend, if the weather is good and sunny, I am sure other boats will be trolling in the bay, which is very good. I know the story will go to the people saying that Pastor Jimmy caught a lot of papios in Hilo’s bay. From eleven fish, the story may end up that we had caught twenty or more. Well, so much about fishing and let’s get back to confidentiality, as the old saying goes, “Silence is Golden!”

I truly believe by reading my bible about Jesus, He wasn’t a blabbermouth Lord; He spoke what needed to be spoken to help the person or the people. Most of the time when He had done His miracle healings, He gave all credit to His Father God, up in heaven. Speaking of healing or spiritual problems, when a person approaches you and asks for prayer for his or her sickness; if possible, make sure the first prayer heals it, because sometimes it may get worse than before. Let’s see what is written in (NLT) Luke 11:24-26, “When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, searching for rest. But when it finds none, it says, I will return to the person I came from. 25 So it returns and finds that its former home is all swept and clean. 26 Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before.”

Call the authorized person or persons who may be able to help you, and then you may have a better result from the prayer for your problems. For example, when you have roofing, plumbing, electrical problems call a licensed contractor to help you. Does it make sense to you? Of course it makes sense!

After the prayer is completed, ask God to apply His precious blood upon you from the crown of your head to the soles of your feet, in and out of your body, in Jesus Mighty Name, to seal all entrances within your body where the bad spirits will try to enter into your body. For instance, let’s say you are in a room full of people that have a bad cold or flu and your resistance is very low within your body. Chances are you may get their cold or flu. Right? Now the germs will not enter from your feet, arms, fingers or hands, but they may enter from your mouth or nose. Are you with me so far? I truly feel this is the same scenario with the demonic spirits, they could enter several other places within your body, so we must always ask God to seal all the entrances of your body with His’ precious blood, so they can’t enter into your body. Amen!

Let’s get back to confidentiality; we must always keep confidential any personal problems with the person and you. Don’t be a blabbermouth person. Always keep it confidential! Don’t you agree with me? Amen! Sometime, it may come back to you with more or bigger problems.

The moral of this message is keeping it all confidential.

May the Lord Jesus bless each and every one of you in God’s Name!

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason.

No comments:

Post a Comment