Sunday, February 21, 2010

OBEDIENCE WITH GOD

Yes, obedience with God is very important to all of us. The person’s response to God’s Word is a response of faith. (NLT) Exod.19: 5 Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the nations of the earth. (NLT) Jer.7: 23 This is what I told them: ‘Obey me, and I will be your God, you will be my people. Only do as I say, and all will be well!’ (NLT) Jer.7: 13 While you were doing these wicked things, says the Lord, I spoke to you repeatedly, but you would not listen. I called out to you, but you refused to listen. (NLT) Hos.9: 17 My God will reject the people of Israel because they will not listen or obey. They will be wanderers, homeless among nations. (NLT) Matt.11: 15 Anyone who is willing to hear should listen and understand. Many people in the bible who loved God very much were obedient to God, for example: Noah, Abraham, Moses, Job and many others were very obedient to God and God blessed them. We as Christians must obey God and always ask for God’s forgiveness. Forgiveness from the heart is the answers to most of our problems. (NLT) Matt. 18:21-22 21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone* who sins against me? Seven times?” 22“No!” Jesus replied, seventy times seven!” That is a lot of forgiving, don’t you all agree with me? When I think about myself, I have probably asked God to forgive me approximately 11,680 times or more. It seems like a lot, but it’s not. Why? If I were to follow what the Lord told Peter, 70 times 7 equals 490 times, then during my 16 years of Christian life with the Lord, by praying on forgiveness approximately 2 times a day, that 11,680 times divided by 490 times equals 23.837 or 24 sins may be forgiven by the Lord. That is very little for me. I didn’t realize it until I tried it on my calculator. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, we sin much more than that during our life. Don’t you all agree with me? If you agree with me, say Amen!!! (So be it)
The Lord knows that we are all weak people. We always fall into sins; however, if we were to pray from our heart and ask God to forgive us, I truly believed God would forgive all of us, because God is a loving and forgiving God. So Brother and Sisters in Christ, there are no magic words we can use, but true forgiveness from our heart is the only answer to be forgiven from God. God looks into our heart, not the color of our skin, etc. The true God’s temple is within our heart. If our heart is the true God’s temple, then we must always keep it cleaned. Don’t you agree with me? If you agree with me say Amen!!!
 
I pray that these messages are very informative to you.
Rev. Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment