Monday, February 1, 2010

COMMUNION

Communion is a very sacred ritual for all Christian believers. Apostle Paul tells us, it is the celebration of Jesus’ final memorial supper with his disciples. We as Christians must then take communion to acknowledge the Lord’s last supper as often as we can. Paul used the Greek word “koinonia” to express the meaning of the Christian faith, a sharing in the life and death of Christ. Paul used the word Koinonia often to describe a believer’s relationship with the risen Lord and the salvation, which comes through Him.
When an authorized Pastor or Minister blesses the bread and the wine, instantly transformation takes place. The bread represents the body of our Lord Jesus Christ and the wine represents the blood of our Lord Jesus. We cannot take this communion very lightly. 1 Corinthians 11:27-30 (NLT) “27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. 29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died.”
Whenever I do communion for the members at the church, I as a Pastor cannot take it too lightly, because in God’s eyes I will be accountable for the members. For example, sometimes a husband and wife can be very deceiving, maybe harsh words were spoken last night or in the morning with bitterness within their hearts. They may approach everyone with a smile and say “Good Morning”, but within their hearts they still have bitterness inside of them. I cannot take any chances, so I will have everyone stand up and join with me by praying on Psalm 51:1-19 asking God for forgiveness. It is a prayer from King David, asking God to forgive him. Now I can stand up and face the Lord and say, I have done my part, Lord! I strongly feel God will forgive me. Amen!!! Without this prayer, I cannot tell the Lord Jesus, it’s not my fault or responsibility for what has happened to them. Believe me, in the eyes of God, it may become my responsibility. With that in mind, I won’t take any chances at all.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ take the communion with a clean heart and partake in the body and the blood of the Lord as often as you can. Before you partake in the communion, you can also bless it. If you have any illness within yourself, ask God to heal your illness from the crown of your head to the soles of your feet, in and out of your body in Jesus mighty name. Amen!!!

I pray that this information is very informative to you.
May the Lord bless each and every one of you Amen!!!
 
From Rev. Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment