Sunday, March 21, 2010

OUR LIFE IS VERY SHORT IN THIS WORLD

As I was ordering my breakfast at the drive in, usually on Saturday morning, while waiting for my order to be fulfilled, I noticed many retired men were talking among themselves, chit chatting and gossiping about others. Some of them read their morning paper and made their crossword puzzle while drinking their coffee.
I have observed for many years, one by one, some of them have died from the group and I pray that they are in the hands of the Lord Jesus. Of course, a new person gets into the group and it becomes a cycle again.
Some of the group died at 58, 65, and even past 70 years old or more. That is when I realized life is very short. We are borne, go to school, some even go to college, get married, start a family, find a job, buy a home, have grand children, retire, collect retirement and social security and wait for the Lord to take us home. (NLT) 1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.
(NLT) 2 Peter 3:8 But you must not forget, dear friends, that a day is like a thousand years to the lord, and a thousand years is like a day. As I have mentioned in the past, a day in God’s time is a 1000 years of ours or 1 year of our time equals 86.4 seconds = 1.44 minutes in God’s time. For example: If a man lived to 58 years old, 58yrs. x 1.44min./yr. = 83.52 minutes in God’s time. Now when you think about it, it is not that long. Don’t you agree with me?
Jesus is a very patient Lord, he waits patiently for you to come over to him with his arms opened and you will be with him eternally. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? Amen to that!!!
When time permits, I do hospital ministry for patients that want prayer. I pray for them to give them comfort and remind them that Jesus still loves them. Some of the patients have terminal illness and some are crying and moaning with pain and agony. When I pray for them, some of them have a smile on their faces. Amen!!! Whenever you have an opportunity to visit someone at the hospital, do it and at the same time, you may be able to see some other patients and then you may realize how fortunate you are to have good health.
I know we are born on this planet and one day, in God’s time, we must leave this planet. While we are here, we must pray and have fellowship with the Lord Jesus. It is like a little vacation on this planet and then we go back to him. We cannot hurt others by taking something that doesn’t belong to us. Remember in (NLT) Revelations 20:12, I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, according to what they had done. (NLT) Mark 4:22 Everything that is now hidden or secret will eventually be brought to light. So what this means is: sometimes we can fool our brothers and sister in Christ, but not God. Nothing is free in this world, except maybe airline mileage plus; although, I am sure somebody is paying for it. Now, let’s get back to the words. Okay? I would rather pay for it now than pay for it in the lake of fire later. Don’t you all agree with me? If you agree with me say Amen!!!
May the Lord bless all of you, in Jesus mighty name? Amen!!!

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment