Tuesday, January 12, 2010

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS LUCK?

I don’t believe in luck. About 25 years ago, before I had accepted the Lord, I had gone to Las Vegas and played the slot machines and it was really fun. As I was playing, an elderly, oriental woman sat next to me and she was rubbing her lucky rabbit’s foot on the slot machine. She told me it is was good luck to rub the rabbit’s foot on the machines and she suggested I get one for good luck. I told her, I am sorry but I don’t believe in luck. She asked me why? I told her that poor rabbit lost its foot, then she looked at me for minute or so and she walked away. I strongly believe you make own your luck. If you want to use the word luck, it’s okay.
How do you spell luck? You spell it LUCK, right? I believe it is Labor Under Correct Knowledge. In other words, you make your own luck. Don’t you all agree with me?
With God, we don’t need luck; we need a strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Believe that he is the Son of God, who sits on the right side of the Father’s throne. Amen!!!
God has given all of us wisdom and knowledge, so we can be able to think for ourselves. Sure we all make mistakes in life, because no one is perfect in this world except the Lord Jesus Christ. When you make a mistake, pray to the Lord and ask him to grant you wisdom and knowledge, so you can correct yourself. With God, all things are possible. When you feel alone and strongly believe in Jesus Christ, you are not alone in this world. You have Jesus within your heart and he will never forsake you or leave you. Amen!!! Jesus is the best friend you will ever have. When your earthly friend takes their last breath on this earth, he or she is gone. The Lord Jesus Christ; however, can be your friend in this world and also in heaven. He is my best friend. I am not saying for you to be a loner or antisocial. We must also have fellowship with our earthly friends.
Some years ago, a woman came to me and said, “Pastor Jimmy, no one loves me, not even my own family. I didn’t do anything wrong to them and yet they have treated me very coldly.” My answer to her was, the main thing is Jesus loves you. That is what counts. She looked at me for few minutes and walked away with a smile Amen!!! Brothers and sisters in Christ, we all have a good friend and his name is Jesus Christ. He loves you very much with all his heart until the end of time. The bottom line is, you are Not alone in this world!

I pray that these messages are very informative to you.
 
From Rev. Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment