Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Can We Afford Not to Tithe?

Tithing is very important to me. Some years ago, I had made a commitment with God to give my tithes on every Sunday service. Until today, I have been keeping my promise with the Lord. Amen!!! In the beginning, I couldn't see any difference in my life. One Sunday two pastors preached their golden messages at church. It was about tithing. I told myself that perhaps one day I will give my tithes and I procrastinated about it. One morning at approximately 1:57 am, the lord woke me up and told me to turn on the television. With one eye closed and the other hardly open, I saw written on the bottom of the television screen, Malachi 3:10. I watched it for about 15 to 20 minute and said "daddy I am so sorry, I am very sleepy.” From then on, I gave my tithes to the church. Whenever I was asked to do the offering prayer, I have always taught the church members to name their seeds. I started to name my seed and plant it into the collection basket. Slowly things started changing for me. When I think about it, it all started to make sense. When you give your tithes or offerings, give it from your heart. For example, when a farmer wants to have cabbage he will plant cabbage seeds. If he wants to have corn, he will plant corn seeds. I strongly believe that tithing works the same. Plant your seed. For example, if you need a job, plant the job seed. If you need a home, plant the home seed. If you need healing, plant the healing seed. God can provide you with anything. He knows what you need. With God all things are possible.I remember back to when I needed a home to live in. On the way to work driving down HaiHai Street in Hilo, Hawaii, I saw a sign written "Open House" so I followed the directions and found the home. It was a beautiful, large home with four bedrooms and two bathrooms on a 15,000 square foot lot. I saw a lots of cars parked along the side of the road and there were several families looking at the same home. They were all professional people like doctors, attorneys and etc. I felt at that time I didn't have any chance to acquire the house. I prayed to my heavenly daddy and said, “daddy I want that home, grant me what I am asking. The lord granted me that home at a lower price. Praise the Lord!!! With God all things are possible. Amen!!! Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in!” Try it! Put me to the test!" In my answer to that statement, it doesn't necessarily mean we get all the benefits only in heaven. God will bless you even when we are living on this earth, why? Because you have proven to the Lord, you are obedient to him. Therefore, he will bless you in your finances, wealth, and health. He will supply all your needs. Mat.7: 7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." It could be that an opportunity or something good will come your way. When it does, don't forget to thank the Lord. This will all happen in God's time. Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment