Thursday, November 11, 2010

COULD CHRISTIANS BE SUCCESSFUL WITHIN THEIR LIVES?

The answer is yes; let’s take one step at a time. First believe in Jesus Christ is the Son of God and accept Him as your personal savior. “Worship, Praise and Glorify Him!” Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to grant you the wisdom and knowledge, so you are able to understand with a clear frame of mind.

Get baptized in water, where your old sins will be buried under the water and also get baptized in the spirit, usually the Holy Spirit will give you a gift by praying in tongues. You will find it in the Book of Acts. Give your tithes to God, by doing so you have proven to God, your obedience to God. When you give your tithes to God be a cheerful giver and receive a cheerful blessing from Him. Remember in (NLT) Genesis 4: 3- 5, At harvest time Cain brought to the Lord a gift of his farm produce, 4 while Abel brought several choice lambs from his flock. The Lord accepted Abel and his offering, 5 but did not accept Cain and his offering. This made Cain very angry and rejected. Now let’s think for a minute, by comparing Abel with Cain, I truly believe Abel gave his offering to God in a cheerful way, the best of his flock. Unlike his brother Cain, his heart wasn’t right with God and his heart became with full of jealousy. When full of jealousy, he had killed his brother Abel. Now jealousy is considered a sin in God’ eyes. Don’t you agree with me?

So in the same token, we must give our offering the best we can in a cheerful way, not thinking my money is going away. No! It’s absolutely not! When you think about it everything belongs to God anyway. After you drop your offering into the basket and when it reaches to the bottom of the offering basket, God immediately accepts it. After the blessing of the offering the church may use the offering to defray the expenses, which the church occurred. For examples paying the rent, lights, phone, insurance and etc. Am I correct?

Remember we cannot out give God, He will bless you many folds. For illustration purposes, get a sheet of typing paper and fold into half, and each section of the paper represents one dollar. Okay? Now what do you have? Two dollars. Right? Now you fold into half again. You will have four dollars. That will be your second folding. Right? Now the third time, fold it again. You will have eight dollars Right? In other words, God’ multiplication is awesome. Let’s say the minister of the church asks God to bless the cheerful giver a hundred folds or more, believe me that’s a lot, don’t you agree with me? In Malachi 3:10, tells us God will bless us so much He will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in. Try it! Let me prove it to you! Amen!

Now let’s get into success. God has given each and every one of us a mind to think what is right and wrong. Am I correct? We must use our sound mind and confirm it with God. How many of you may heard or know this phrase? “A bird in your hand, it is much better than three in the bush.” Sure three birds is much better than one bird, I agree with you, but when you try to capture the three birds and they fly away. What do you have in your hand now? None! For me I would rather have one bird in my hand than none at all. Does it make sense to you? If you feel, it does make sense to you. Say Amen! Remember the story about a boy who didn’t have any shoes to wear and he complained to his father about it, until one day as he sat on the stonewall and he saw a boy with no feet. The moral of this message is “BE HAPPY WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE!”

For me, as I read Genesis 2:10-14, it tells about the river flowed from the land of Eden, watering the garden and then dividing into four branches. One of these branches is the PISHON, the second branch is GIHON, the third branch is TIGRIS, and the fourth branch is EUPHRATES. Now when I read and look at it, I had used these branches for my personal financial gain. Now I know the bible is different, I just use the idea for my personal accomplishment within my life. Now let’s get starter okay? First of all, we all have expenses. Right? Let’s use Pishon, I will use Pishon for my overhead expenses, such as paying utilities, insurance, food, water, clothing, tithing and etc. Gihon is for personal main savings. Tigris is for investments, such as buying good stocks, where the stocks will pay dividend. (Every dollar counts) Euphrates is a savings to buy more sound investments. For me, I added another one called confidential fund. It is used for traveling by taking your family on a trip or anything where your family could enjoy.

Now most people have three branches, one branch for overhead expenses, the second branch is for saving and the third branch is probably for investment. So when they feel something good comes along and want to invest, so they take it out of their personal main saving account and let’s say it didn’t work out, the savings may be depleted. Right? Now let’s say, if you had another saving account for investment and it didn’t work out, it doesn’t matter to much, sure no one would like to lose anything, but, you still have your main saving account. Does it make sense to you? In other words, don’t touch your main saving account. Let it grow!

Let’s break it down, for example, let’s say your family’s income after taxes and tithing is $ 2500.00 for the month, which is your net income. Let say your overhead is $ 1,500.00 per month, so now you have $ 1,000.00 left. Right? Put 40% of the money into the main saving account which is $ 400.00 now put 30% into investment saving account which is $ 300.00, put $ 100.00 into confidential fund and the balance of the $ 200.00 to go out and enjoy with your family like going out and eating something good or go to the movies with your family. In other words, it is for family enjoyment day or night. Are you with me so far? If possible, I suggest this must be done every month or it will take much longer to reach your goal.

Now when the investments saving account builds up so much and you want to invest into something. First of all think and research the stocks or the things you would like to invest in for your future retirement. We must think very carefully, and then invest into it. Now when the confidential account build up, take a trip with your family and enjoy. Sure I know everyone of us, our income is different, this is just a suggestion, and you may change the percentage and follow it. At least, you didn’t touch your main saving account, when something should go wrong with your investment. Right?

When your investments become profit for you, break it down and use the same format again. Within 5 to 7 years or more, I truly believe you will be financially set for your life and also for your family. I suggest making all the saving in different accounts, so it doesn’t confuse you at all. Don’t put all the saving into one account. (Main saving and investment saving.) Remember it is not too late!

I pray this may help you and your family. For me I regret, that I didn’t read my bible much sooner, today I would probably be five to seven time much more successful within my life. Like the local way of saying. “IT IS BETTER TO BE LATE, THAN NEVER!” With that in mind, I am very happy and I give all credits to my Father God, up in heaven. Amen! Praise the Lord Jesus! Please do not forget to thank the God from your heart.

I pray this message will be very informative to you and your family.

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment