Sunday, June 13, 2010

RESPECT

This evening (6/11/10) 9:28 PM., Hawaii Time, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and prayed to the Lord Jesus and asked Him what He wants me to write in the Internet Church Topics tonight? The word “Respect” came to my mind. I told myself, what about respect? I know the meaning of the word respect; however, in the Lord’s meaning, respect is much more deeper than I thought. As I read my bible for several hours, pertaining to “Respect”, I found out it is very important to all of us. We all can learn something every day, including myself.

(NLT) Lev.19: 32 “Show your fear of God by standing up in the presence of elderly people and showing respect for the aged. I am the Lord. In my younger days, my parents used to tell me always address the elderly people properly by calling them, Mr., Mrs., Teacher, Doctor, Reverend and etc. Today, it has become a good habit for me.
(NLT) 1 Tim. 3:4 He must manage his own family well, with children who respect and obey him. Let’s say the head of the family is the husband; he must provide all the needs to his wife and child or children, such as shelter, food, clothing and etc. The most of all is called “Love.” Love his wife, child or children. When the home is full of love, many times the family will be much closer within their family. Love covers a multitude! The family will have fewer problems in the home.

Speaking about home, my good friend Carl Okuyama and his lovely wife Amy have a ministry called “IT START AT HOME.” Both of them have great love for all children and they are concerned about the welfare of children in Hawaii and all over this world. Praise the Lord! On June 5, 2010 from 8:00 AM. To 11:45 AM, I had an opportunity to help both of them by manning their booth at Hilo Civic Center. Many people stopped by and were very curious about their booth and asked questions about “It starts at home.” They explained why, “It Start at Home” is very important to every family. I encourage everyone to look at the website http://startsathome.org/.
I truly believe God is using both of them in this ministry. Amen!

Now lets get back to “Respect.” Okay? Children should honor their father and mother no matter who they are. (NLT) Eph. 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents because you belong to God, for this is the right thing to do. 2 Honor your father and mother.” 3 And this is the promise: If you honor your father and mother, “you will live a long life, full of blessing.”* 4 And now a word to you fathers. Don’t make your children angry by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction approved by the Lord.

Many years ago, as I recollect, when I joined the National Guard in Kona, Hawaii, I learned to respect the higher authority than me, such as a sergeant, captain, major and etc. I respected them for the ranking that they had on their uniforms that they were wearing. I truly feel it is the same scenario. Does it make sense to you?

This may help you or your family. Try it! There is nothing to lose, but all to gain!
1) Try putting love and joy into your heart. Remember: “Joy of the lord is our strength in our life.”
2) Never gossip. Gossip may cause dissension within your family and others. God dislikes it very much. It is one of the SINS.
3) Be very helpful.
4) Be a very good listener.
5) Never do things that God dislikes or doesn’t approve it.
6) Always respect others.
7) Finally, always focus your mind and heart to Jesus and the Power of the Holy Spirit.
AMEN!

The moral of this message is always RESPECT everyone, including all the children in this world. Let’s say, we all come into an agreement with each other. Will that make our world have fewer problems? Of course, it will! Don’t you agree with me? If you agree with me, say Amen!

May the Lord bless each and every one of you and have a blessed day.

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment