Friday, June 11, 2010

MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT

My greatest achievement would be having everyone become strong Christian believers and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I truly believe this world of ours would be a much greater and better place to live. I am sure many of you would agree with me. However, back to reality, it is a “Freedom of Religion”.

To all Christian believers, pick up your bible and study God’s words every chance you have. As I mentioned in my previous topic, for we as human beings came from heaven for a little vacation on this earth, perhaps, one day, we must all return back to heaven and be with our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen! Brothers and Sisters in Christ, when you think about it, we actually don’t really have as much time as we would like to think we have. In 2 Peter 3:8-9, But you must not forget, dear friends, that a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent. Lord Jesus, thank you for being so patient with all of us. Amen!

Let’s see within our life, if my calculation is correct, a thousand years of our life is equal to one day of God’s time. For example:
Our time: God’s time

1000 years = 1 day
1 year = 86.4 second = 1.44 min.
50 years = 72 minutes
100 years = 144 minutes = 2hrs. 40 minutes
For example: let’s say we lived to 75 years old. (75 x1.44 = 108 minutes in God’s time)
When you look at the time above, it isn’t very much time for many of us. Now is time to accept the Lord Jesus as your personal savior. If agree with me? Say Amen!

Everyday we must thank the Lord for the breath of life, without it, all the wealth and health will mean nothing. He has given all of us what we need and we always take it for granted, such as: breathing the air, drinking water, covering ourselves with clothing, having shelter from the harsh weather and many other things that we are using every night and day.

Whenever I do hospital ministry, I see many patients in the hospital and some of them have an oxygen mask on their face, trying to breathe. Don’t you think it is a blessing that we are not wearing an oxygen mask on our face in our daily life? Amen!

Today is Sunday June 6, 2010, after the church service, I will be performing a wedding ceremony for a young couple. Praise the Lord! I have performed many wedding ceremonies for many couples. I believed today will be my 88th wedding that I have officiated. It is a blessing to see a young couple getting married in the eyes of our Lord Jesus Christ. As the years have gone by, I have seen the couples have their own families. Sometimes, I see them doing their shopping at the supermarket or meet them at the parking lot of the shopping mall. They come to me and say Pastor Jimmy; we have an addition to our family. I look at the cute little child, smiling or sleeping in the baby stroller. It makes my heart full of joy to see the little child, with his or her parents with lots of love within them for the their child.

This is one of my joyous achievements. I feel I have accomplished something by marrying the young couples in Jesus Mighty Name. Praise the Lord! Now the biggest achievement or accomplishment for me is to have everyone become strong Christian believers. Every so often, when the subject of our Lord Jesus is mentioned, I try to have he or she understands about Jesus Christ; although, I have never forced anyone to become a Christian. Today, I call it “Freedom of Religion”; however, I feel I have planted a seed within his or her heart and mind about Jesus. In the mean time, I am praying to the Lord Jesus to lead them the way of becoming a strong Christian. Praise the Lord; some of them become Christians.

When I have some time, I have asked some people what was Jesus last name? Some said “Christ.” I told them in that era many of them didn’t have any last name at all. They were surprised to know. I told them “Christ” is a Greek term for anointed, equivalent to Messiah in Hebrew. Jesus was known as “Jesus of Nazareth”. It would be more proper grammatically to say the phrase, “Jesus the Christ”, instead of saying Jesus Christ. Does it make sense to you? But today, we are so used to saying Jesus Christ, including myself. Now, what about Paul? Paul was known as “Paul of Tarsus.” As you can see he didn’t have any last name. For example, I came from Kona, Hawaii. So if I were in that era, my name would be “Jimmy from Kona”. I feel this is the same scenario. Don’t you agree with me? If you all agree, say Amen! Everyday, I try to achieve even one thing for the Lord within the day. I know, many times, it is very difficult to do, but for me I keep on trying. In my mind, if I can accomplish this then within a one-year period, I have achieved 365 things for the Lord. Amen!

I pray this message is very informative to you.

From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment