Friday, December 25, 2009

BLESSING OF FOOD CAN BE A GOOD START OF LEARNING HOW WE CAN PRAY.

One of my first prayers was blessing of the food and at the same time thanking the Lord for the food. By praying many times, I have gotten used to it and it has become natural for me today. Whenever, opportunity arises, I was asked to give the blessing of the food. Without hesitation, it would just come out from my mouth.

This is my personal prayer:
Lord Jesus, please forgive me for all my sins and have mercy upon me. I am asking for you to bless these foods whatever food was prepared for me today, as I am about to partake. May these foods nourish my body and heal all of my illness from the crown of my head to the sole of my feet, in and out of my body. Lord, whatever is not good, I am asking for you to cast it away in your mighty name. Thank You Jesus! Amen!!!
 
Note: I have seen many blessings of the food and many of them are a long, long prayer. The longest prayer was approx. 6 to 7 minutes, at that time, my hot food was getting cold, especially the soup. NO! NO! NO! It is not necessary to make a long prayer, unless you want to impress people around you. Impress God, not people. Before you make your prayer, God knows what is in your heart and mind. We must please God with all our heart and always ask God for forgiveness. Don’t you all agree with me? Amen!!!
 
Try this prayer for the coming Holidays.
 
Rev. Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment