Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BIBLE

This morning (9/27/10), I got up at 5:12 AM and got out of my bed and started to make my short morning prayer and ask the Lord what shall I write in the Internet Church Topics? The word that came to me was “BIBLE.”

I started to do some research and I found it is very interesting to know, especially for all the Christian believers. We as a Christians, every week, once or twice a week, we carry our bible to the church or bible study. Am I correct? Some of you may know or may not know who had written the bible. I felt this morning is a good opportunity to share some of the knowledge with all of you.

Let’s look in (NLT) 2 Timothy 3:16, All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. In other words, all scriptures were given from God.

I found this in (NLT) 2 Peter 1:20-21, Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves* or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God.

Who wrote the Bible? It was God who wrote the Bible and He is the writer of the Bible Scriptures and He uses men to speak it and write it down through the inspiration of God. The King James Version was completed in the year 1611 and till today it has been considered one of the excellent Bibles.

We must take good care of our bible by putting some kind of covering on the outside of the bible to protect it from all the elements, such as the sun, rain and wind. For me, I have gone through five bibles through my Christian life; somehow, even after putting a cover on my bible, still the cover and pages got all worn out because of heavy usage. I pray that when you carry your bible to church or anywhere to do God’s work; carry it with pride and respect. Why? It is all God’s word in your bible; we must respect it to our fullest and take care of it.

Occasionally, I have seen people or even pastors; putting their bible on the floor, where people are walking, sometime people accidentally step on their bible. I strongly believe we cannot mistreat our bible like an ordinary book. Believe me it is not right! Silently, it really saddens me very much when people mistreat or neglect their bible by throwing it on the floor. The Bible is God’s words right? The bible will always feed our soul with His words. Right? Remember that is all God’s words in the bible. So, if that were true, would you place your food on the floor and eat your food from the floor? I am sure many of you will say No! Right? If you agree with me, say Amen!

Many times when I do my blessing at a home or do deliverance on the person, I place my precious bible on the person’s neck area and cast out any demonic spirits out of the person. I believe that the back of the neck area is the demonic spirits housing, where they will try to get into the person and take control of the person. Sometimes, the demonic spirits come screaming out of the person and my bible becomes my sword and all demonic spirits know the bible has God’s words in it. With your strong faith and your bible, they will leave the person. Therefore, we must carry our bible with pride. For example, in ancient times, soldiers carried their swords with pride, because they knew their swords can protect and may save their lives. Right?

Back in the year 1962, I was in the military army (National Guard) and I was taught the value of our weapons that may save our life, so we must take good care of our weapons with respect. We always were cleaning our rifle, especially the inside of the barrel. I strongly feel it is the same scenario with our bible; we must carry it with respect and take care of it.

For me, when I travel with my car to my destination, I always place my bible on my car dashboard. Why? I strongly believe God is always the head, not the tail end by leaving it in the car trunk. I have never placed my bible on the car seat. First of all, I know that is where people sit down in the car? Right? Locally speaking, on their “Okole” meaning rear butt. For me, I believe God isn’t the tail end, but always the head.

I have experienced in the past, other people driving in the opposite direction from me coming toward me, it seemed like they were going to collide with my car and we would have an accident; somehow, unexplainable things happened where we didn’t get into any accident at all. Some people may think, perhaps, it is coincidental we didn’t get into any accident. For me, I believe God prevented the accident from occurring. So as you can see, we must always carry our bible with care and respect by placing it on the front dashboard of the car. Make sure the bible doesn’t slide away while you are driving your car. Amen! (So be it)

The moral of this message is always taking care and respecting your bible.

Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment