Saturday, April 3, 2010

FEAR OF THE LORD

In (NLT) Prov. 1:7, Fear of the lord is the beginning of knowledge. Only fools despise wisdom and discipline. I have had several people ask me, “Pastor Jimmy, What is the most fearful thing in your life? Is it facing a demonic spirit?” My answer was sometimes. For me, the most fearful thing is facing the Lord and trying to answer his questions. I am sure many Reverends, Pastors, Ministers, Elders or even Deacons will agree with me. Answering to the Lord is the hardest thing to do. Sure we can say it’s not my fault Lord. For example, let’s say in the army military you are the captain of your platoon and the enemy wiped out your entire platoon. Can you imagine how would you be able to explain this to the higher ups or to their families? It would be very difficult to explain. Don’t you agree with me? I feel this is the same scenario. With the Lord in Mark 4:22, Everything that is hidden or secret will eventually be brought to light.
Let’s talk about sin, Adam and Eve introduced sin into human history by their rebellious actions. Satan deceived Eve and Adam has infected humanity like a dreaded malignancy. Every person is indeed responsible for his/her choice of sin. In Rom. 5:12 when Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH.
I know no one is perfect in this world, including myself; however, remember the sins of our great, great, great grand parents. Sins may come upon our children or grandchildren and us. I have been going to lots of homes and sometimes I have seen the sins of the grandparents or parents go down to the generation, who knows when it will end? We must ask God for forgiveness and ask God to cut off the curse of sins, so from here henceforth; our children or grandchildren will not bear the sins of our parents or grandparents. (NLT) Rom. 5:18-19 Yes, Adam’s sin brought condemnation upon everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness makes all people right in God’s sight and gives them life. 19 Because one person disobeyed God, many people became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many people will be right in God’s sight. Praise the Lord!!!
Now, let’s get back to talk about Reverends, Pastors and etc. We must be very careful about our flocks in our church, we cannot take it very lightly and think no one knows about it, believe me God knows. We as leaders of the church may be accountable for it. Now can you see, what is the most fearful thing? Remember, always asking God for forgiveness is our answer to most of our problems. We as leaders of the church must help the weaker ones in the church and bring and guide them to the Lord. That is one of our jobs in the church. We as the leaders must feed them the WORDS of God. If you agree with me, say Amen! (So be it)
 
I pray that these messages are very informative to you.
 
From Pastor Jimmy Nishimoto and Chris Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment